- year : 2022
- country : Ukraine, UK, Russia
- timing : 24:58'
- genre : fiction film
- producer : Maria Lukavskaya
written by Maria Lukavskaya
produced by Polina Kazartseva
DoP Maksim Mikhanyuk
music by Gedminte Samsonaite
sound by Stanislav Paushev
editor Ekaterina Kuchumova
production designer Ekaterina Miller
cast: Varvara Pavlova, Taisia Kotova, Eduard Kalanchuk
production company: London Film School
During famine in the Sieged Leningrad the mother of two children has no food left to sustain both of them. She has to make a choice.
- Moscow International Film Festival "8 Women" (2022, Russia, Moscow)
- Open Russian Film Festival of Patriotic Cinema "Malaya Zemlya", Special Jury Diploma (2022, Russia, Novorossiysk)
- International Film Forum "Zolotoy Vityaz" (Golden Knight) (2022, Russia, Sevastopol)
- Pune Short Film Festival (2022, India, Pune)
- Sol International Film Festival, Best Actress Award (2022, Spain, Torrevieja)
- Festival of New Cinema (2022, Russia, Volgograd)
When I became a mother l realized how vulnerable a woman becomes when she has a child. And what about mothers who raise their children in life threatening conditions? I suddenly felt how immense their suffering is. I happened to read diaries of people from the Sieged Leningrad where I came across mothers' suffering over not being able to feed a child or decide how to distribute food among dying children. These diaries touched me deeply.
This film is a woman's statement against war, depicting suffering of women and children.
ABOUT THE FILM DIRECTOR:
Maria Lukavskaya was born on 09.02.1984 in Sevastopol, Russia. In 2021 graduated from London Film School. She studied Social Psychology at London School of Economics with the focus on ethnic conflicts and racism. Before this Mariya worked as a commercial development manager in corporations like MasterCard and TripAdvisor. In parallel to this she has been a founder to several small charitable funds to support sick children from low income families in Eastern Europe. One of her major artistic focuses is antiwar films and war through woman’s eyes.
2022 - "A Circle", short student film \ debut