- year : 2020
- country : Russia
- timing : 19:59'
- genre : fiction film
- producer : Alexey Matveev
written by Alexey Matveev (based on the novel by Jack London)
produced by Alexey Matveev
DoP Andrey Ivanov
music by Ilya Gotovtsev
sound by Vladimir Sukharev
editors Roman Kondratovich, Alexey Matveev
production designer Ksenia Alekseeva
cast: Alexander Konev, Valery Sklyarov, Bobur Shavkatov, Alexey Voskresensky, Cariada Nikandrova, Shaheen Adygezalov, Andrey Topoyev, Edward Sabitov
Subyenkov, a fur miner, has risen through the ranks, starting as an idealist and ending up as a criminal thrown by fate into the lands of Alaska. And now he sits tied up in natives' captivity. And next to him, a "Big Ivan" is twisting with pain, a man he thought was a man without nerves. Subyenkov finds a way out for himself, telling the Indian leader about a miraculous remedy that will simply prevent him from dying. The experience of trading with the Indians helps him get the chief into his game. So what's he up to?
- Short to the Point International Film Festival (2020, Romania, Bucharest)
- International Film Forum “Zolotoy Vityaz” (Golden knight) (2020, Russia, Sevastopol)
- Pune Short Film Festival (2020, India, Pune)
- International Short Film Festival "Shorts" (2020, Russia, Tula)
- Madurai International Documentary and Short film Festival (2020, India, Madurai)
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR:
Alexey Matveev was born on 30.12.1990 in Pskov region. In 2019 graduated from St. Petersburg State University of Film and Television as a producer. Worked on several fiction and documentary films as a camera mechanic.
2020 - "Alaska. Lost face", short film / diploma / debut