- year : 2021
- country : Georgia, Russia
- timing : 100:42'
- genre : documentary
- producer : Filipp Orlyansky
written and produced by Filipp Orlyansky
DoP Viktor Antonov
sound by Oleg Pertsovsky
editors Filipp Orlyansky, Oleg Pertsovsky
This is a story about the unique chants of the Georgian people, a journey to a fabulous country, the blessed Kingdom of Iberia. According to tradition, Georgia is the first inheritance of the Blessed Virgin. After the Ascension of Jesus Christ, the apostles drew lots to see who of them and where would preach Christianity. Also, the Mother of God was with them, and she had to go to Iberia, but God sent the Apostle Andrew, who received from the hands of the Mother of God the acheiropaeic image, imprinted on a simple board, which She applied to Her Immaculate Countenance. Christ promised His Mother that Iberia would be illuminated by the light of the Truth, and that this land would always be under Her special protection. The unique chants that witnessed the highest spiritual culture and love of the people have come down to us as proof of that.
As Georgian scholars say, "the best that the people have dedicated to God are the Georgian chants. They are truly pearls of the art of singing in the world's musical heritage. The film features unique, ancient chants in their finest performance, and by listening to them we can touch the spiritual heights of the blessed people, and thus grow up ourselves. Today we all yearn to hear something real, genuine, exalted, something to lean on in a fast-changing world. All of this and more one can find in the chants.
- International Film Forum “Zolotoy Vityaz” (Golden knight) (2021, Russia, Sevastopol)
- Pärnu International Documentary Film Festival (2021, Estonia, Parnu)
- American-Russian Documentary Film Festival RUSDOCFILMFEST, Best Inspirational Film (2021, United State, New York)
- International Orthodox Film Festival "Pokrov", Best Music Film (2021, Ukraine, Kiev)
- International Documentary Film Festival "Salt of the Earth" (2021, Russia, Samara)
- International Festival of Films and TV Programs "Radonezh", Special Jury Prize (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- International festival "Meetings in Siberia" (2021, Russia, Novosibirsk)
This film is a series in the documentary cycle "Angelic Chants," which is about ancient Orthodox chants. The film was created to enlighten people and to revive spiritual and moral qualities.
ABOUT THE FILM DIRECTOR:
Filipp Orlyansky was born on 21.08.1986 in Sochi, Russia. In 2012 graduated from Moscow State Pedagogical University; in 2017 graduated from VGIK. Currently works on a documentary series dedicated to ancient church chants of different countries - “Angelic Chants”.
2021 - "Alilo. The Rebirth of Georgian Chants" from the cycle "Angelic Chants", documentary
2020 - "Old Russian Orthodox Chants" from the cycle "Angelic Chants", documentary
2020 - "Byzantine chant" from the cycle "Angelic Chants", documentary
2017 - "The Case of Ivan", short film
2017 - "The Case of Ivan", documentary
2015 - "Etude", music video