- year : 2021
- country : Russia
- timing : 18:44'
- genre : documentary
- producer : Maxim Zlobin
written and producer by Maxim Zlobin
DoP Kirill Shinyaev
music by Rodion Lubensky
editor Maxim Zlobin
This is a documentary about vintage amateur runner Andrei Chirkov. At fifty-four, he made a bet with work colleagues over a glass of vodka that he would train for and take part in the Moscow Peace Marathon in four months. He is now 81 years old and has 180 marathons behind him. Including those in Antarctica and the first marathon at the North Pole. Andrey Chirkov is the author of 6 books on running and more than 200 publications in various journals, all dedicated to sports. The main idea of the film is to show – using one extraordinary example – the spirit and essence of amateur running.
- International Short Film Festival "VISION" (2021, Russia, Kemerovo)
- International Film Festival "Date with Russia", Special Diploma (2021, Russia, Vologda)
- International Christian Film Festival "Nevsky Blagovest" (2021, Russia, St. Petersburg)
- International festival "Meetings in Siberia" (2021, Russia, Novosibirsk)
- Video-art Festival "Black and White Rainbow", 2nd place in the nomination "Short documentary" (2021, Russia, Togliatti)
- Open Russian Film Festival of Patriotic Cinema "Malaya Zemlya" (2022, Russia, Novorossiysk)
- International Short Film Festival “The Unprecedented Cinema” (2022, Estonia, Maardu and Tallinn)
- National competition of Russian documentary films SHOW RUS! (2022, Russia, Moscow)
In 2019, I took part in the Road of Life Marathon. This was my first 42.2 km race. There I met the hero of my future film - Andrei Chirkov. By the time he was 80, he had run more than 180 marathons and was the only Russian to run the 2003 North Pole marathon. At the same time, he began to run when he was already over fifty. I wanted to show through this hero the spirit of amateur running reveals itself in its essence. It is rather a film about amateur running and those - slightly insane – amateurs who love running for free, asking nothing in return.
ABOUT THE FILM DIRECTOR:
Maxim Zlobin was born on 23.08.1991 in Rybinsk, Russia. In 2014 he graduated from the St. Petersburg University of Cinema and Television as a film director.
2021 - "Andrey Chirkov: no pipes, no drums, on the quiet", documentary
2013 - "Seven Days on the Street", documentary
2011 - "Time of the Blind", documentary