- year : 2018
- country : Russia
- timing : 10:21'
- genre : fiction film
- producer : Ivan Merkutov
written by Ivan Merkutov
produced by Liliya Matthewson
DoP Denis Dmitriev
sound by Alexander Khokhlov
editor Maria Ilienko
production designer Grigoriy Krasniy
cast: Inora Zabotina
A grandma. A small slum. On her anniversary day she turns the 40 years old record on her reel-to-reel tape-recorder. To the strains of the young friends’ and relatives’ voices she thoroughly lays a holiday table. Dishes, tea service, cutlery. A long raw of glasses on the white cloth. Anniversary greetings, wishes of happiness and long life, dreams and plans of the people of bygone epoch are heard at the record. It’s hard for grandma, but she keeps carefully laying the table.
Finally, the record stops. The grandma sits at the served table: there are no food or drinks, only dishes and cutlery. For a moment she sits with no motion. She cries silently. Then the grandma sighs and starts to draw the cloth.
- International Film Festival "Fathers and Children", Special Jury Prize (2018, Russia, Orel)
- Film Festival "Black and White Rainbow" (2018, Russia, Togliatti)
- Open Festival of Student and Debut Films "Saint Anna" (2019, Russia, Moscow)
- Moscow International Film Festival (2019, Russia, Moscow)
- Unknown Film Festival (2019, Russia, Yekaterinburg)
- Festival of new Russian Cinema "Gorky Fest" (2019, Russia, Nizhny Novgorod)
- KONIK Film Festival (2019, Russia, Moscow)
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR:
Ivan Merkutov was born on 07.11.1988 in Kazan (Russia). In 2013 graduated from Kazan Federal University as a chemist. In 2015 graduated from The Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography (VGIK) as a film director.
2018 - "Around The Table", short film / debut