- year : 2021
- country : Russia
- timing : 23:30'
- genre : fiction film
- producer : Tatiana Ra
written by Maria Elagina
produced by Tatiana Ra
DoP Igor Osipov
music by Ilya Haminov
sound by Daria Opakhova
editor Alexander Ezhber
production designer Anna Polyakova
cast: Makar Salov, Elizaveta Kuzmina, Maksim Studenovsky, Olga Yakovleva, Jana Benderskaya
Vanya is 7 years old, he is a wizard and friend of the defective Bunny, but his parents are seriously concerned about the boy's strange behavior, worried about his unwillingness to communicate with his peers, and about his ailment: severe stuttering. His mother, having tried all the possibilities to help her child, decides to take him to the well-known neighborhood healer.
To speak properly does not mean to be understood. Sometimes one hug can heal both a broken knee and a broken heart.
- ONE Country ONE Film International Festival (2021, France, Apsha)
- SHORT to the Point International Short Film Festival, Best Debut (2021, Romania, Bucharest)
- Fresco International Festival of Modern Art and Spiritual Films (2021, Armenia, Yerevan)
- Golden Raven Arctic International Film Festival (2021, Russia, Anadyr)
- Moscow International Short Film Festival, Best Student Short Film (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- Open Russian film festival of the CIS and Baltic countries "Kinoshock" (2021, Russia, Anapa)
- Short Shot Fest International Short Film Festival (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- Shukshin International Film Festival, Special Diploma of the Youth Center of Cinematographers of Altai (2021, Russia, Barnaul)
- Pune Short Film Festival (2021, India, Pune)
- Northern Character International Film & TV Festival (2021, Russia, Murmansk)
- Russian National Auteur Short Film Festival “Artkino” (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- Evenings of Russian Cinema in Bordeaux (In Ciné Véritas Europe) (2021, France, Bordeaux)
- International Orthodox Sretensky Film Festival "MEETING" (2022, Russia, Obninsk)
- Ismailia International Film Festival (2022, Egypt, Ismailia)
This is not just a story about a child with special needs and his socialization. I think such a child lives in every adult - frightened but sensitive to wonder. Do we always hear those wings? Or does the pressure of everyday life destroy even their fragile shadows? This is a story of choice, of dialogue, of acceptance of the other person and, of course, of hands seeking hands, of the embrace that can save all and everything. Visually and rhythmically we wanted to convey the fragility of this child and his story, flowing from reality into his world, his dream. We were looking for our own unconventional techniques to create this inner reality. So the lullaby, which formed the basis of the sound solution, is created by a vocalization (female voice), and at the same time counterpoint is destroyed by dissonant notes, fragmented like a rapid breathing or a stuttering child.
ABOUT THE FILM DIRECTOR:
Tatiana Ra was born on 08.07.1980 in St.Petersburg. Graduated from St.Petersburg State University, where she had studied French Literature and Sociology at the French College department since 2002. In 2004 she went on studying Comparative Literature in Paris (Sorbonne Paris IV) as she had received a French Government grant and had been chosen for her further work on creativity of Russian poet Marina Tsvetaeva. Received a DEA degree in Comparative Literature there. In 2015 graduated from St.Petersburg State University of Film and Television at the workshop of Sergey Ovcharov. In 2020 graduated from Russian State Institute of Performing Arts at the workshop of Larisa Gracheva. Since 2021, she is a student of the course "International Co-Production in TV and Cinema" at the National Research University Higher School of Economics (Moscow).
2021 - "Bunny", short film \ debut
2016 - "To Love", short film \ diploma