- year : 2020
- country : Russia
- timing : 45:01'
- genre : documentary
- producer : Pavel Selin
written by Pavel Selin, Dmitry Razvorotnev, Svetlana Selina
produced by Svetlana Chernomyrdina, Pavel Selin
DoP Artem Velichko
editor Narek Khachaturyan
A film is about two brothers, about two natural genius artists. Alexander and Vladimir Burov are residents of the small village of "Fedorovka-1" in the Orenburg steppe. Alexander is a realist, Vladimir is an abstractionist. They live in one world, but everyone sees it in his own way. Relationships between brothers, on the one hand, are kin: they live on neighboring streets, but on the other hand, they are uneasy: now and then there is a flare-up of creative jealousy. Alexander is a member of the Union of Artists, and Vladimir is a hermit and informal person: he can't stand any exhibitions. Their lives in general are very different. Art historians who discovered them speak of the brothers as world-class artists. In October 2019, the Russian Orthodox Spiritual and Cultural Center in Paris held a large exhibition of works by Alexander and Vladimir Burov. The brothers' solo exhibition in the capital of world art is a story about the victory of talent over circumstances, and, of course, an amazing fulfillment of the most cherished dream of two unique artists, the Burov brothers.
- Crimean Open Documentary Film Festival "KrymDok", Best documentary (2020, Russia, Crimea)
- Open Documentary Film Festival "Russia", Winner in the category of the newspaper "AIF" "Heroes of our Time", Special Jury Prize (2020, Russia, Yekaterinburg)
- GEO Documentary Film Festival (2021, Russia, Omsk)
- Independent Russian-American Documentary Film Festival, Special Diploma (2021, United State, New York)
- National TV Film Forum “Native Trails”, Special Jury Diploma (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- Saratov Sufferings International Film Festival of Documentary Drama (2021, Russia, Saratov)
- Ethnological Documentary Film Festival Kratovo (2021, Macedonia, Skopje)
- International Film Festival "Lovers of Art. Cinema Heritage" (2021, Russia, St. Petersburg)
- International Documentary Film Festival "Salt of the Earth", Jury Diploma (2021, Russia, Samara)
- International Festival of Films and TV Programs "Radonezh", Special Jury Mention (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- International festival "Meetings in Siberia" (2021, Russia, Novosibirsk)
- Ujan International Documentary Film Festival "Apricot Tree" (2022, Armenia, Ujan Village)
- Silver SCAD Film Festival (2022, Russia, Sevastopol)
In this film I tried to reveal the rich inner world of each of the brothers-artists. To tell about the origins and motifs of their creativity, to show the difficult life of village geniuses, about whom the neighbors say as "people out of this world". And above all, to tell about the power of the spirit of a true artist, who, despite the numerous difficulties of life, has not hidden his light under a bushel, not drunk it away, not sold it, or betrayed his divine lifelong gift, but continues to paint pictures, no matter what.
ABOUT THE FILM DIRECTOR:
Pavel Selin was born on 28.09.1974 in Zakamensk (Buryatiya region, Russia). In 1996 graduated from Voronezh State University as a journalist. At the moment works as a television host and director of documentary films.
2020 - "Burov & Burov", documentary
2019 - "Yura the Musician", documentary
2018 - "Love Syndrome", documentary
2015 - "The Long Echo of War in Vietnam", documentary
2014 - "Academy", documentary
2010 - "Stepanych", documentary