- year : 2021
- country : Latvia, Russia
- timing : 22:56'
- genre : fiction film
- producer : Valeria Boldyreva
written by Polina Mantsurova, Valeria Boldyreva
produced by Valeria Boldyreva
DoP Alexey Tokun
sound by Alexander Zaitsev
editor Vyacheslav Vorobyov
production designers Polina Mantsurova, Valeria Boldyreva, Natasha Monastyrskaya
cast: Elena Nesterova, Vladislav Kotlyarsky, Andrey Savostyanov, Milena Tskhovrebova, Tanya Vladimirova
production company: Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography (VGIK)
The story of the wife of Vyacheslav Molotov who was a Russian revolutionist, Soviet political, state and party figure, Chairman of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR in 1930-1941, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the USSR in 1939-1949 and 1953-1956. The film is about love, friendship, devotion, human helplessness before the doom and Moloch of great historical processes.
- VGIK International Student Film Festival (2020, Russia, Moscow)
- International Film Festival of Spiritual, Moral and Family Film "Saint Vladimir", Best Short Film (2020, Russia, Sevastopol)
- International Film Festival "8 Women" (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- International Festival of Student Films and Creative Photography "Golden Five" (2021, Russia, Khimki)
- Portobello Film Festival (2021, United Kingdom, London)
- Moscow Shorts International Short Film Festival (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- International Festival of Films and TV Programs "Radonezh" (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- International Film Festival of the Commonwealth Countries “Moscow Premiere” (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- Prize of the National Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences of Russia "Golden Eagle", Nominee (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- International Human Rights Film Festival "Stalker" (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- Russian National Auteur Short Film Festival “Artkino” (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- Open Russian Film Festival of Patriotic Cinema "Malaya Zemlya" (2022, Russia, Novorossiysk)
I have always been very interested in history, especially Russian history of the Soviet period; for me it is the most mysterious and terrible period of time for our country. Unfortunately, all the information about this time is still not available for us.
I have shot this film to understand what the people who led the revolution were like, what was their guide in making decisions, what was their business, what they were willing to do for the party.
I have answered many questions for myself, and many questions are still not answered, but one thing is clear: this generation is an outgoing civilization. You can treat this period differently, but this is our history, which we should know and remember.
ABOUT THE FILM DIRECTOR:
Valeria Boldyreva was born on 20.12.1984 in Ventspils, Latvia. In 2009 graduated from Russian Institute of Theatre Arts (GITIS), in 2020 graduated from Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography as a film director.
2021 - "Case №12", short student film \ diploma
2019 - "Creation", documentary