- year : 2021
- country : Russia
- timing : 34:03'
- genre : documentary
- producer : Nikita Litvinov
written by Boris Latkin, Nikita Litvinov
produced by Irina Obidova, Alexandra Alyokhina
DoP Georgy Logutenko
music by Leonid Shelukhin
sound by Alina Bikbulatova
editors Nikita Litvinov, Georgy Logutenko
cast: Boris Khabarov, Sergey Yazikov, Sergey Biryukov, Tamara Kudryavtseva, Sergey Rychkov
production company: Potential Film Company
"Dragons are not boats, Dragons are people." Against the backdrop of sailing races in the Dragon class the real life stories of the specific participants-heroes unfold. Each of them is unique in its own way, but their story lines are based on a common idea - in order to contribute to the restoration of the class "Dragon" and the whole sailing, the hero is forced to sacrifice something personal (money, time, relationships). Only by making a sacrifice can you make a truly meaningful contribution.
- National TV Film Competition "Native Trails" (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- Northern Character International Film & TV Festival (2021, Russia, Murmansk)
- Prize of the National Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences of Russia "Golden Eagle", Nominee (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- International festival "Meetings in Siberia" (2021, Russia, Novosibirsk)
- Video-art Festival "Black and White Rainbow", 1st place in the nomination "Short documentary" (2021, Russia, Togliatti)
- International Maritime Film Festival "The Sea calls!" (2022, Russia, St. Petersburg)
- Open Russian Film Festival of Patriotic Cinema "Malaya Zemlya" (2022, Russia, Novorossiysk)
- NIKA National Film Award for 2021, Longlist (2022, Russia, Moscow)
- Paladino d'Oro Sport Film Festival (2022, Italy, Palermo)
- New Open Film Festival "Volgograd Torch" (2022, Russia, Volgograd)
- International Sports Film Festival "Krasnogorsky" (2022, Russia, Krasnogorsk)
- Golden Plate Film Awards (2023, Russia, Kazan)
People who are willing to make a personal sacrifice for the sake of something big and important inspire my respect. We live in an age when it is customary to consume rather than to create, when the personal takes precedence over the social, when the pursuit of fame and success, sometimes, does not allow a person to think outside the box.
The characters in this film captivated me with their strength, their sacrifice in pursuit of their dreams. They made dozens of others happy as they pursued their personal dreams.
ABOUT THE FILM DIRECTOR:
Nikita Litvinov was born on 28.12.1992 in Penza, Russia. In 2014 graduated from St. Petersburg State University of Film and Television.
2021 - "How to tame the Dragon?", documentary
2019 - "Nice man", web series pilot
2018 - "Elevator to the last floor", short film
2018 - "Confessions of a Realtor", documentary
2014 - "Mass", short film \ debut
2013 - "New Russian Cossacks", student documentary