- year : 2021
- country : Russia
- timing : 15:00'
- genre : fiction film
- producer : Anastasia Ledkova
written by Alena Selivanova, Anastasia Ledkova
produced by Anastasia Ledkova, Polina Torshilova
DoP Vladislav Tinkov
music by Andrey Shabalin
sound by Dmitry Morozov
editor Alexander Zyazin
production designer Polya Sosulnikova
cast: Anfisa Kaftanova, Oleg Savostyuk, Egor Shevtsov, Natalia Frey
After a tragic loss of a mother, her son and husband are about to leave the hometown to start over. But their plans are disrupted when a son meets a mysterious girl by the riverside.
- Kaliningrad Short Film Festival (2021, Russia, Kaliningrad)
- Torino Film Festival (2021, Italy, Turin)
- Madurai International Documentary and Short Film Festival (2021, India, Madurai)
- Prize of the National Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences of Russia "Golden Eagle", Nominee (2021, Russia, Moscow)
- Video-art Festival "Black and White Rainbow", 2nd place in the nomination "Short fiction film" (2021, Russia, Togliatti)
In my works, I often touch upon the theme of fears, fathers and children, a mother’s love. In Mavka, I was interested in investigating the phenomenon of the “castrating mother”, which both gives life and takes it away, the ambivalence between love and absorption.
ABOUT THE FILM DIRECTOR:
Anastasia Ledkova was born on 31.05.1987 in Moscow, Russia. In 2010 graduated from N. I. Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod. In 2019 graduated from Film School «Free Cinema». 2019-2021 - Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography as a film director.
2021 - "Mavka", short student film
2020 - "Antagonist", short student film
2019 - "Grisha-Hero", short student film
2019 - "Superhero", short student film \ diploma \ debut