- year : 2022
- country : Russia
- timing : 63:01'
- genre : documentary
- producer : Julia Byba
written and produced by Julia Byba
DoPs Ivan Eremeev, Daniil Gulyakov, Sergey Petriga, Artem Mezhenny, Sergey Belousov
sound by Alexey Bataev
editor Daniil Gulyakov
cast: George Held, Olga Uskova, Denis Efremov, Eduard Lysenko, Danila Medvedev, Alexander Vedyakhin, Alexey Sidoryuk, Vladimir Pirozhkov, Sergey Bachu, Olga Arinina, Vasily Khlebnikov, Ilya Cech, Alexander Kaplan, Ivan Gribin, Denis Grigoriev, Igor Didenko, Timur Shchukin, Ilya Volnov, Alexander Atamanov, Anton Sobe-Panek
“After you wake up, you have only two choices – to check your phone before you go to the toilet, or check your phone while you are in the toilet”.
How do tech companies run our lives? Is artificial intelligence an assistant or a rival? Would you like to have a chip implanted in you? Why is now the best time to make a career? And also - how much does our life today depend on ourselves and what can we expect tomorrow? Leading Russian experts answer these and many other questions.
- Baikal International Film Festival «People and Environment» n.a. V.G. Rasputin (2022, Russia, Irkutsk)
- International Film Festival about the environment "Form of Life" (202, Russia, Perm)
- SCINEMA International Science Film Festival (2022, Australia, Adelaide)
- DOCKER International Documentary Film Festival, Best Film "LET IT DOK!" (2022, Russia, Moscow)
- FUNK Science Film Festival (2022, Russia, Moscow)
- International Film Festival "Northern Character" (2022, Russia, Murmansk)
- Moscow Patriotic Media Festival "Motherland in the Heart" (2022, Russia, Moscow)
It seemed interesting to look into the future, to explore what awaits us, to communicate with people who create the reality which we will inhabit tomorrow. In the process of working on the film, it became clear that the topic of the future is much closer to each of us than it seems at first glance. The future is created by the choices we make every day. I sincerely believe that the main battlefield between good and evil is the human heart. I wanted to make a film not just about artificial intelligence, cybermen, future tech and other novel trends. And also, about the responsibility of each of us for our lives and for the decisions we make.
ABOUT THE FILM DIRECTOR:
Julia Byba was born on 19.04.1976 in Shchekino, Tula region, Russia. Candidate of Political Sciences (dissertation on "The Image of the modern Russian state: the state and prospects of formation", 2008).
2022 - «The Future is ours?», documentary