- year : 2019
- country : Russia
- timing : 17:19'
- genre : fiction film
- producer : Sergey Kalvarsky
written by Olga Beshley
assistant director Stanislav Romanovsky
produced by Yulia Babkina, Konstantin Dobrynin
DoPs Stanislav Romanovsky, Nikita Rozov
sound by Nikita Alekseenko
editor Ovanes Gulishyan
production designer Anastasia Sahnovskaya
cast: Yuriy Chursin, Igor Mirkurbanov, Maria Antippe, Pavel Maykov, Andrey Rudenskiy
production company: КА Pen & Paper
Young artist Ivan Preobrazhensky paints a government commission, a biblical-themed piece for Preserving the Values exhibition. However, everyone who sees the painting feels right away that something is off. One of these people is a legislator, State Duma Deputy Tatiana Nagibina. The resulting uproar brings Ivan fame, but also makes his life very difficult: the relentless machine of government persecution personified by Nagibina gets on his case.
Depicting Kafkaesque absurdity of Russian criminal justice, blind faith and reality more incredible than artistic invention, The Painting is based on one of the most high-profile contemporary cases in Russia.
- International Film Festival “Lovers in Art”, 3rd Place (2019, Russia, St. Petersburg)
- Moscow Shorts Film Festival (2019, Russia, Moscow)
- Young Film Festival "Green Apple" (2019, Russia, Novosibirsk)
- International Short Film Festival about God "I See God" (2019, Russia, Moscow)
- Stalker International Human Rights Film Festival (2019, Russia, Moscow)
- KinoStart International Short Film Festival (2019, Russia, Yekaterinburg)
- KINNO [Moscow] (2020, Russia, Moscow)
- International Film Festival DetectiveFEST (2020, Russia, Moscow)
- KONIK Film Festival (2020, Russia, Moscow)
- International Film and Television Festival "Taganay muses", 2nd Degree Diploma In the category "Doing good" (2020, Russia, Zlatoust)
- Moscow International Film Festival (2020, Russia, Moscow)
- Kinolikbez International Festival of Independent Cinema (2021, Russia, St. Petersburg)
- Cellu l'art Short Film Festival (2021, Germany, Jena)
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR:
Sergey Kalvarsky was born on 10.05.1965 in St. Petersburg, Russia. Director, producer, development director of Pen & Paper. In 1992 founded and headed the production company "Art pictures Petersburg". 1992 - 1999 author and director of more than 200 music videos of Russian pop stars, including A. Pugacheva, F. Kirkorov, I. Nikolaeva, L. Vaikule, N. Vetlitskaya, A. Buynov, I. Krutoy, N. Baskova, N.Koroleva and others. For the main Russian channels, more than 50 television projects of various genres were developed and produced: entertainment shows, reality shows, documentaries, historical, educational and entertainment programs. From 2003 to 2004 - Chief Director of the TV company "VID", from 2004 to 2007 - Director of the Directorate of artistic, entertainment and educational programs of the "First Channel".
Under his leadership, created the show "Evening with Maxim Galkin", the popular projects "Minute of Glory", "Test Purchase", "Biscuit", "Grand Premiere", "Big Race", "Looking to night."
From 2007 to 2010 - Founder and Chief Director of SOHO MEDIA (TEFI award 2010 in the “Television Documentary Series” nomination for the creation of the “History of Russian show business”, winning the Detective FEST International Festival of Detective Films in the nomination "World Without Drugs". In 2013 produced the film “Hostage” as a producer and director about persons involved in the YUKOS case. In 2018 entered the campaign headquarters of K. Sobchak at the presidential election and headed the video production direction, supervised the creation of the candidate's YouTube channel.
Since 2007 is the Academician of Russian Television.
2019 - "The Picture", short film